NBC: starbucks steps back from music business

Patrick Morris pdvmorris@btinternet.com
Sat Apr 26 09:59:59 EDT 2008

The coffee in biz in a huge slump all over the world and Starbucks, or so I read somewhere, is trying to
  focus it's corp energy on selling it's drinks and coffees instead of spinoff or offshoot biz.

"c.n." <cnevitt@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
  http://www.reuters.com/article/industryNews/idUSWNAS968120080425

I don't know what, if anything, this is a sign of...except possibly in a
move to regain market shares lost to the sagging economy, escalating gas
prices, as well as up & comers such Duncan Donuts and McDonalds, it might
have dawned on Starbucks that for every $19 CD that they sold, that was
money that could have instead been spent by their customers on 4 or 5 cups
of their coffee.
chuck

NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc. http://www.lsoft.com

Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for
changes. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  "Don't get bit by the same dog twice." - Chuck Berry

   "Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light." Spike Milligan