Jukin' in Clarksdale

Tweed tweed@TWEEDSBLUES.NET
Mon Apr 21 14:44:50 EDT 2008

Where were the zellers??  The only one I saw that I recognised was Dick
Waterman, who clowned and got a group of us to say cheeseburger for a group
shot in front of Sarah's Kitchen. (He did this rather expertly I might
add.  You would think he might turn professional one day ;~)

A couple dozen or more tweediots ran amuck all over town down there.  A
perfectly beautiful weekend by the way and more music than you could
possibly listen to. Juke Joint Fest just seems to get better and better.
Crystal blue skies, great blues by Bill Abel, Chris Cotton, KM Williams,
Trainwreck, John Lowebow, "Duck" Holmes", The Mississippi Marvel (still
unseen by human eyes as he performed at his cd release party behind a sheet
partition!!), Terry Harmonica Bean, Mr. Tater, Big Damn Band, the Stax
Academy Kids, Delta Museum Kids, Honeyboy, T-Model, Eddie Cusic....it goes
on and on.  I probably put twenty miles on my sneakers walking from one end
of town to the other.
 WaterMelon Slim was about the only mainstream act, but if you go for the
outrageous the unusual and the unseen and weren't there then you guys sure
missed a good one.

Anyhow it was much good fun to be at.  And Ricky Stevens, I hope you got a
good excuse for not showing up.  Don't give me that old "I had to work"
crapola either.

Tweed