Some Video Of Dallas Blues Performances Of Days Gone By

c.n. cnevitt@HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 18 10:12:03 EDT 2008

Some video clip blues treasures of Dallas Blues Society Records showcases of
the past, videotaped with permission for us by Scotty Ferris for prosterity.

Homer Henderson w/ Denny and Derek
This tune was filmed during one of the Xmas parties that I put on at Muddy
Waters in Dallas.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxzc_tnOAxU

>From that same show is a nice version of Back Scratcher, with drummer Jason
Moeller (now of the Fabulous Thunderbirds) also handling the vocals, with
outstanding guitar work from Denny Freeman (now of the Bob Dylan band) and
Derek O'Brien (longtime Antones record producer, and also a former
Dallas-site). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8w30C58EQ0

>From one of the Blues showcases I produced at Poor David's Pub in Dallas, is
a fine vocal performance by Oklin Bloodworth (of Ft Worth) of the great old
standard St James Infirmary. That's Paul Size (formerly of the Red Devils)
and Johnny Moeller (now of the Fabulous Thunderbirds) handling the guitar
duties. Johnny's brother Jason is on drums, and Homer Henderson, who can
play it straight it good when he wants, is on bass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLqAqPJkF5c

Here is a clip from the show I produced in 1990 for the Dallas White Rock
Lake Bath House Cultural Center, featuring Zuzu Bollin doing the classic
"Outskirts Of Town," with Big Al Dupree on Sax, at the time 3 of the Juke
Jumpers band members--Doyle Bramhall on drums, Jim Milan on bass, and Craig
Simecheck on piano...and that's Hash Brown in the shades on 2nd guitar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crbI2xFAAMA

And finally, also from 1990, this one is from the 1st Benson & Hedges Blues
fest in Dallas. Here is what they were calling at the time, the 3D Blues
Band...the 3 D's being Doyle Bramhall I and II, along with Denny Freeman.
That's Jim Milan (formerly of the Juke Jumpers and Anson & The Rockets) on
bass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qj67bchzvA

Enjoy!
http://thebluesandthensome.blogspot.com
http://dallasbluessocietyrecords