PLAYLIST: KMSU/KMSK Blues, April 8 - 14, 2008

KMSUBLUES@aol.com KMSUBLUES@aol.com
Thu Apr 17 14:51:37 EDT 2008

KMSU/KMSK WEEKLY BLUES PLAYLISTS
KMSU 89.7FM (Mankato, Minnesota, USA)
KMSK 91.3 FM (Austin, Minnesota, USA)
"The Maverick Radio Network"
WEB BROADCAST: http://www.KMSU.org
Living Blues playlist report filed monthly
MARK HALVERSON
Blues Host & Producer
133 Lincoln Street
Mankato, MN USA 56001
E-MAIL: KMSUblues@aol.com
FAX: (507) 345-6407
(send inquiries & promotional materials to these addresses, otherwise they
probably will not reach me)

BLUES BEFORE MONDAY: 7:00-10:00 p.m. Sunday with Mark and Gary, the "White
Bread Blues Boys."  April 13, 2008.  Did a basic show that included a pledge
premium (the Harry Smith stuff), a taste of an older rarity (Bacon Fat) and s
birthday tribute to Hound Dog, featuring his entire first Alligator release, the
inspiration for Bruce to found the label almost thirty years ago.;

          ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
            HOUR 1
1.  Phillip Walker/Thanks A Lot (For The Offer)/Black Top
2.  Lightnin' Hopkins/Little Sister's Boogie/Bluesville
3.  Watermelon Slim/The Wheel Man/Northernblues
4.  Michael Bloomfield/Buried Alive In The Blues/Columbia
5.  Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters/Blues For Otis Rush/Stony Plain
6.  Albert Collins/Too Many Dirty Dishes/Eagle
7.  Jeff Healey/Shake Rattle and Roll/Ruf
    (A) Harry Smith Project: Anthology Of American Folk Music Revisited/Bang
The Drum
8.  Steve Earle/Prison Cell Blues/Bang The Drum
9.  Beck/Last Fair Deal Gone Down/Bang The Drum
10. Geoff Muldaur/K.C. Moan/Bang The Drum
11. Lou Reed/See That My Grave Is Kept Clean/Bang The Drum
            HOUR 2
12. Rod Piazza/Stranger Blues/Delta Groove
13. Big Joe Williams/So Much Wine/Delmark
14. The Kilbourn Alley Blues Band/Mr. Campbell's Blues/BlueBella
15. The Zydeco Hounds/Repeat Offender/Proud Dog
    (A) Bacon Fat/Grease One For Me/Blue Horizon
16. Bacon Fat/Up The Line/Blue Horizon
17. Bacon Fat/Boom, Boom/Blue Horizon
18. Bacon Fat/Small's On/Blue Horizon
19. Bacon Fat/She's Just A Woman/Blue Horizon
20. Bacon Fat/I Need Your Love/Blue Horizon
            HOUR 3
    (A) Hound Dog Taylor/Hound Dog Taylor and the House Rockers/Alligator
21. Hound Dog Taylor/She's Gone/Alligator
22. Hound Dog Taylor/Walking The Ceiling/Alligator
23. Hound Dog Taylor/Held My Baby Last Night/Alligator
24. Hound Dog Taylor/Taylor Rock/Alligator
25. Hound Dog Taylor/It's Alright/Alligator
26. Hound Dog Taylor/Phillips' Theme/Alligator
27. Hound Dog Taylor/Wild About You Baby/Alligator
28. Hound Dog Taylor/I Just Can't Make It/Alligator
29. Hound Dog Taylor/It hurts Me Too/Alligator
30. Hound Dog Taylor/44 Blues/Alligator
31. Hound Dog Taylor/Give Me Back My Wig/Alligator
32. Hound Dog Taylor/55th Street Boogie/Alligator

BLUE MONDAY: 6:00 - 7:00 Monday,   April 14, 2008  Hosted by Mark Halverson.
Played a variety of material from some newer releases.

            ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
    (A) Elvin Bishop/Booty Bumpin'/Blind Pig
1.  Elvin Bishop/Keep A Dollar In Your Pocket/Blind Pig
2.  Elvin Bishop/What The Hell Is Going On/Blind Pig
3.  Elvin Bishop/I Feel Alright Again/Blind Pig
    (A) Various/It's All Connected/Yellow Dog
4.  Asylum Street Spankers/Breathin'/Yellow Dog
5.  Fiona Boyes/Chicken Want's Corn/Yellow Dog
6.  William Lee Ellis/Snakes In My Garden/Yellow Dog
7.  Mary Flower/Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives To Me/Yellow Dog
8.  Big Joe Duskin/Beer Drinking Woman/Yellow Dog
9.  Chris Cotton/Blues For Big Bill/Yellow Dog
10. Bluff City Backsliders/Pony Blues/Yellow Dog
    (A) Mighty Mike Schermer/Right Hand Man/Fine Dog
11. Mighty Mike Schermer & Howard Tate/Part Time Love/Fine Dog
12. Mighty Mike Schermer & Angela Strehli/I Don't Know Why/Fine Dog
13. Mighty Mike Schermer & Shana Morrison/Seven Years/Fine Dog

BLUES BREAK: Monday - Friday 11:30 - Noon.   Listened to some new releases on
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Pre-empted by a plege-a-thon on Friday.  A
"Muddy Monday" segment on Monday.

        ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
    TUESDAY, APRIL 9
    (A) Jeff Healey/Mess Of Blues/Ruf
1.  Jeff Healey/How Blue Can You Get/Ruf
2.  Jeff Healey/Jambalaya/Ruf
3.  Jeff Healey/The Weight/Ruf
4.  Jeff Healey/Mess O' Blues/Ruf
5.  Jeff Healey/It's Only Money/Ruf
6.  Jeff Healey/Like A Hurricane/Ruf
    WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10
    (A) RJ Mischo/King Of A Mighty Good Time/Challis
7.  RJ Mischo/Cheap Wine/Challis
8.  RJ Mischo/Joint/Challis
9.  RJ Mischo/Too Little Love (Too Much Religion)/Challis
10. RJ Mischo/Crawlin' Kingsnake/Challis
11. RJ Mischo/RJ's Back In Town/Challis
12. RJ Mischo/I Can't Do Without You/Challis
13. RJ Mischo/King Of A Mighty Good Time/Challis
    THURSDAY, APRIL 11
    (A) Albert Collins/Live At Montreux/Eagle
14. Albert Collins/Iceman/Eagle
15. Albert Collins/Put The Show On The Other Foot/Eagle
16. Albert Collins/Frosty/Eagle
    FRIDAY, APRIL 11
    NO SEGMENT
    MONDAY, APRIL 14
    (A) Muddy Waters/The Lost Tapes/Blind Pig
17. Muddy Waters/Hoochie Coochie Man/Blind Pig
18. Muddy Waters/Walking Through The Park/Blind Pig
19. Muddy Waters/Trouble No More/Blind Pig
20. Muddy Waters/Just To Be With You/Blind Pig
21. Muddy Waters/Intro to "19 Years Old"/Blind Pig
22. Muddy Waters/She 19 Years Old/Blind Pig
23. Muddy Waters/Crawlin' Kingsnake/Blind Pig

HOST COMMENTS:      Not much going on around here for blues, once again.
Johnny B. Sanders is at the Wine Cafe in Mankato Friday.  The Swamp Kings are at
Tadors in Kasota Friday and at what may be the first blues gig at the expanded
Underground (now an above ground portion) in Mankato on Saturday night.
    Regionally, we have Bryan Lee at Famous Dave's in Minneapolis and
Studebaker John at Whiskey Bones in Rochester tonight (Thursday).  Scottie Miller is
at Buster's in Owatonna Friday night.
    I don't know for sure how I screwed up last week's playlist, but it sould
have reflected that I featured Ron Hacker's new release "Mr. Bad Boy" last
Monday.  I surmise that should have replaced what I did list, which may not have
been played at all.  If any listeners are paying close enough attention to
straighten this out, let me know... (lol).

    QUESTIONS about these broadcasts to Mark at: KMSUBlues@aol.com.
Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)</HTML>