Bob Corritore Blues Newsletter - RIP Sean Costello 4/16/79-4/15/08

Deb Lubin deblubin@sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 15 19:51:45 EDT 2008

OMG, what awful news.  Sean was one of my favorites.  I just saw him about a month ago in SF, and bought his latest CD on Delta Groove.   He was an amazing talent, from his earliest recordings.  One of the highlights of my blues fandom was hearing Francine Reed sit in with him at Biscuits last year.   Whenever I thought about the future of the blues, Sean was at the top of the "we'll be okay" list.  Major tragedy, for his family and friends and fans.  He was just getting to where he deserved to be after signing with Delta Groove and getting some well-deserved support behind him.

RIP, Sean.  You will be missed.
Deb

----- Original Message ----
From: Gregory Johnson <slimlively@hotmail.com>
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:27:58 PM
Subject: Re: Bob Corritore Blues Newsletter - RIP Sean Costello 4/16/79-4/15/08

I saw this item flash on my computer as a message from Bob announcing Sean's death. OH MY GOD!!! I about fell out of my chair. This is a tragic loss. Sean Costello was one of the young players who really got the true feeling for blues guitar in my opinion, especially being able to display various regional sounds. He could capture a good Texas shuffle and a West Coast swing without hesitation, moving between the sounds and fully embracing them all. I still remember his breaking out at the IBC and then with Susan Tedeschi before hitting his own solo career. I am glad I was able to see him perform. A sad day indeed!!

Greg

NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc.  http://www.lsoft.com