ZEB NEWS from Montreal: April 15, 2008

Brian Slack zeb@vl.videotron.ca
Tue Apr 15 18:58:13 EDT 2008

***MONTREAL BLUES SOCIETY CD SPOTLIGHT - NEW EVERY WEEK***
	Visit: http://www.bluesmontreal.com

	What's new: http://www.bluesmontreal.com/whatsnew.html
	http://www.bluesmontreal.com/member.html
Fusion 3 Distribution presents

HARRY MANX - Live at the Glenn Gould Studio (Dog My Cat Records)
http://www.fusion3.com/works/DMCR00212/

TOMMY EMMANUAEL - Centre Stage
http://www.fusion3.com/works/FNA5140-2/

2006 CD spotlights: http://www.bluesmontreal.com/cd-en.html
T O P   S T O R I E S:
- Rick L. Blues at Bourbon Street West
- Derek Trucks with Santana
- Steve Rowe Band in Gatineau
- Dawn Tyler Watson & Paul Deslauriers in LaSalle
- Carl Tremblay at Bistro a Jojo
- Johnny Winter & Sonny Landreth coming to Tremblant
- Ronnie Baker Brooks + Angel Forrest & Runaway Slide
- Obit: Sean Costello 1979 - 2008

S H O W S
T U E S D A Y   N I G H T   B L U E S   S E R I E S
RICK L. BLUES
Tuesday, April 15, 8:30 p.m.
Bourbon Street West, 1866 Sources Blvd., Pte-Claire, QC, 514-695-6545

	Upcoming:
	April 22	SOUTHSIDE DENNY (US)
	April 29	CLIO & THE BLUES HIGHWAY (Québec City)
	May  6	RIOT & HIS RHYTHM DEVILS (CD Launch)

SANTANA & DEREK TRUCKS
Tuesday, April 15
Bell Centre, Montreal, QC

VIRÉE BLUES BORÉALE PRESENTS STEVE ROWE BAND
www.stevemarriner.com
Wednesday, April 16, 8:00 pm
Café Le Troquet, 41 Laval St., Old Hull sector, Gatineau, QC

DAWN TYLER WATSON & PAUL DESLAURIERS
www.dawnandpaul.com
Friday, April 18
Centre Henri-Lemieux, 7644 Édouard St., LaSalle, QC, 514-367-5000

CARL TREMBLAY
Friday, April 18 & Saturday, April 19
http://www.bistroajojo.com/programmation.php
Bistro à Jojo, 1627 St.Denis St., Montreal, QC, 514-843-5015

Friday, April 18 - Blue Stomp
Saturday, April 19 - Steve Rowe Band
Smoke Meat Pete, 283, 1st Avenue, Île Perrot, QC, 514-425-6068

For complete local show listings:
http://www.bluesmontreal.com/calendrier.html

F E S T I V A L S   &   E V E N T S
TREMBLANT CELEBRATES 15 YEARS OF BLUES WITH MORE THAN 150 FREE SHOWS
http://ww1.tremblant.ca/blues/en/index.asp

For its 15th birthday, Tremblant International Blues Festival will include
several big name stars – such as Texas blues legend Johnny Winter, Ana Popovic &
slide master Sonny Landreth and many artists who were featured in recent
editions of the event, plus several concept shows bringing together on stage
several well-known artists. The website will be updated frequently between now
and the event, so visit often!

Notice to young musicians: see the rules to enter the festival's band
competition.
http://ww1.tremblant.ca/blues/en/concours.asp

FESTIVAL DE BLUES DEUX-MONTAGNES FEATURING RONNIE BAKER BROOKS
http://www.bluesmontreal.com/communique.html
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Olympia de Deux-Montagnes, 611, 20e Avenue, Deux-Montagnes, QC

Headliner: RONNIE BAKER BROOKS + ANGEL FORREST AND RUNAWAY SLIDE
For this show and exclusively for MBS members, we have 50 tickets available at a
discount price of $26.00, taxes included
(send us an email at bluesmontreal@videotron.ca).

Regular priced tickets can be obtained for $30.00 in person or by phone at
Théâtre Lionel-Groulx, 100 Duquet Street, Sainte-Thérèse, 450 434 4006 or
www.theatrelg.com, or for $35.00 via the Admission Network (514 790-1245 or 1
800 361-4595, www.admission.com).

Hurry to take advantage of this special price!
Société Blues de Montréal Blues Society http://www.bluesmontreal.com

O B I T
Sean Costello 1979 - 2008
http://www.seancostello.com/

FATHEAD WINS 2008 BLUES JUNO!
http://www.fathead.biz/
Congratulations to Fathead for winning the Juno for Best Blues CD of the Year!

W E B S I T E S
SHOPAWARE.COM: En Duo - Dawn Tyler Watson & Paul Deslauriers
http://www.shopaware.com/product/product_detail.php?id=134
TORONTO BLUES SOCIETY: http://www.torontobluessociety.com/
OTTAWA BLUES SOCIETY: http://hometown.aol.ca/lizbluesottawa/thisweek.html
HARDLINE BLUES: http://www.hardlineblues.com