Questions for the group

gtrmac@prodigy.net gtrmac@prodigy.net
Fri Apr 11 17:31:16 EDT 2008

Thanks: Lisa.
I like your Reply I find A few Club owner's or venue people want the band to
do all the promo work. I find if the Club is not a people Friendly place You
can book Jesus there and you wont get a good turn out.
                  To make A venue Work The Band and the Club Both have to Do
Their Part.
                                        Guitar Mac.
http://www.guitarmac.com
http://www.bluesguitarnews.com/Arkansas.html
http://www.myspace.com/guitarmac
http://www.myspace.com/guitarmac1
http://www.soundclick.com/guitarmac
http://www.rhapsody.com/muddywaters/bluesmasterpiecesvol1
http://mog.com/Guitar_Mac
http://www.youtube.com/guitarmac555

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa Kelly" <maddog_productions@hotmail.com>
To: <BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: Questions for the group

That seems to be a question every venue asks.  As an agent, I like to turn
the tables and I ask when trying to book a band what kind of draw the venue
has.  This really screw's them up in most cases, I then explain to them it
is not up to the band entirely to put asses in the seats the venue has to
have some kind of draw as well.  I cannot guarantee anything; they could
pack the place out or they could only bring in a handful of people but it is
not up to my bands to provide 100% capacity.  Usually works and then end
results are good.

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:01:46 -0700From: bookings@bourbonroad.comSubject:
Questions for the groupTo: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG Hi guys,I have a
couple of questions that I would appreciate your expertise on.First
question: I have a blues artist from Argentina who has contacted mewith an
interest in playing some gigs in Southern California. He isscheduled to play
some Chicago gigs, and was hoping to fly out to Californiato play a few
shows. I generally just book gigs on my own band's behalf,but I told him I'd
be happy to look into it. All the venues that Icontacted (both big & small)
stated that they really would need to know hisdraw. Since this would be his
first "tour" in the U.S., it's anyone's guessas to how many people he could
draw (I was thinking of contacting folks inthe local Argentine community to
see if they would come out to support him).I'm thinking clubs in other parts
of the country might have more of aregular draw, and be interested in seeing
a South American bluesman--is thatthe case in your neck of the woods
(wherever it may be)?