NBC: the lowly muscadine /stock market / health

Jeffrey Brandt brandtjeffrey@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 07:20:45 EDT 2008

Buy low and sell high (or drunk). Gold might be a good bet, it just went down quite a bit. JB.

"c.n." <cnevitt@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:  I've been messing around trying to figure out of if I would be better off
playing the market versus the slots and lottery. I have decided that they
are all gambling, and largely sucker bets (as someone who has invested 20
some years in promoting the blues, I feel qualified knowing one of those
from a hole in the ground), and I do enjoy watching Cramer's unorthodox show
on CNBC in the evenings. Some might say, uh oh, you know just enough to be
dangerous to yourself, but they'd be wrong. I don't know even know that
much. I am going to follow Cramer's advice and maintain only 5 stocks at
once (and they'll be cheap ones at that), as he says that way you stay on
top of your research and recent breaking news, and hopefully get out with
your hide if one of them goes south.

I've been checking out the latest market news on the pharms (where bad news
can wipe you out *just like that*), especially keeping an eye on things
related to diabetes (since it is such a growing market), when today I
noticed some news regarding a company who is involved with resveratrol, an
organic compound (among a number of others) I have been taking for my
diabetes. How I first got interested in it was when I found out a yr or so
ago that one of the best sources of resveratrol was from muscadines, a wild
grape that grows all over much of the U.S., a grape that both my
grandparents and Henry Qualls made their own wine from. The gov't has
granted some company orphan drug status on their research. I am tempted to
by some stock, because when you start talking about something that might
help diabetics and then toss in the words anti-aging, well, those two words
really get folks attn. One thing for sure, as someone who drives around a
lot--there is no shortage of muscadines--now if they could just figure out
how to make fuel from them instead of corn (google ethanol boondoggle),
maybe we could get these food prices down, and more money back into the
pockets of potential blues customers. W/ a little luck, maybe the unemployed
will one day be picking up muscadines they've shaken off the vines instead
of aluminum cans out of the ditches. Stranger things have happened.
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/rcnews.aspx?Symbol=SIRT

Here's a page that lists some of the many "possible" health benefits of
muscandines.
http://www.hymanvineyards.com/muscadine-health-benefits.cfm

And finally, here is an entry about muscadines that I made to my blog about
2 1/2 years ago. http://tinyurl.com/7dck3

chuck

NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc. http://www.lsoft.com