NBC: music to make a difference

Sandor Gulyas sgulya1@gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:58:15 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:55 AM, Chuck Winans <chuckone@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  For anyone who wants to really dig into the life of Woody Guthrie, pick up an copy of Joe Klein's 1981 book, Woody Guthrie: A Life.  This is the same Joe Klein who is now a columnist for Time Magazine.
>
>  In the late 1970s, he was a young columnist for Rolling Stone.  Marge Guthrie had decided it was time for a difinitive biography of Woody to be written, so she opened up all of her files of Woody's writing (published AND unpublished), cartoons, diaries and lyrics to Klein.  It was the only time in her life she ever did that.
>
>  Get that book.  If you're not a huge fan of Woody Guthrie now, you will be after finishing Woody Guthrie: A Life.  I will warn you, though -- it's not "Bound For Glory".
>
>  Chuck Winans
>  Chicago, Illinois

To the highest bidder I'll send you a hard-back copy of Woody Guthrie:
A Life, that I picked up at one of the annual used book sales up at
Ohio State.  And as an added bonus, I'll give you a copy of the
American Masterpiece show on Woody Guthrie, complete with Louisiana
Public Broadcasting watermark logo showing for the entire program.
The two Mermaid Ave CDs (by Billy Bragg & Wilco) are not included.
Neither are two Woody Guthrie 78s my dad has (for as long as I could remember).

--
Sandor Gulyas
Graduate Student - Louisiana State University