A Special Treat...

Whiteboy Slim (maurice richard libby) blues@whiteboy-slim.com
Sun Jun 24 21:45:00 EDT 2007

Wow--that is so cool! He is my favourite New Orleans songwriter. I do
"Too Many Drivers" which he wrote for Smiley Lewis in the early
fifities--great great tune..

maurice

E Willett wrote:
> I had a major treat last night!!  Dr. John had a special guest with him at the beautiful, 1926-vintage Tampa Theatre, none other than Dave Bartholomew, totin' his trumpet!   Mr. Bartholomew is best know for his work with Fats Domino, for whom he wrote "Ain't That A Shame". He is a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, and produced hits from Lloyd Price, Earl King, Huey "Piano" Smith, Frankie Ford, Smiley Lewis, Shirley & Lee, and of course, Domino. He was responsible for the arrangements on Fats' fifties hits including the best seller "Blueberry Hill".
>     George

> NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc.   http://www.lsoft.com

maurice richard libby

aka Whiteboy Slim

nominated "best Blues Act" -2005 Toronto Independent Music Awards

http://www.whiteboy-slim.com

to buy CDs --> http://www.cdbaby.com/all/whiteboyslim

EPK --> http://www.sonicbids.com/whiteboyslim

EPK --> http://www.sonicbids.com/whiteboyslim2