XM Radio

Dick Waterman Jinxblues@aol.com
Wed Jun 20 10:54:18 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/20/07 6:47:39 AM, Bill.Wax@xmradio.com writes:

> I always view Bluesville much like a first year art history course in
> college.  We try to do a survey of the blues in its entirety from the
> earliest days to the present, but we try to keep in mind that it is a
> living organic music that continues to grow and add new elements all the
> time.  Our commitment is to the artists of the music we all love both
> deceased and live.

When I was interviewing B. B. King for the recent biography ("Treasures")
that I did with him, I asked him if he listened to radio at home or on the bus.

He proudly told me that he is "The Mayor of Bluesville" and he was intense
about taking that honor seriously. He listens to Bluesville whenever he can and
said that he is constantly learning new things.

I told Bill about the interview and I think that he did a little fun with B.
B. the next time that he came through town.

Dick Waterman
Oxford, MS
www.dickwaterman.com