XM Radio

Tom Muck tom@maild.inte-net.com
Wed Jun 20 10:45:29 EDT 2007

I have Sirius and listen to their blues station regularly, but got to hear
Bluesville while on a plane last week and it was excellent. What will happen
to the two stations if Sirius and XM merge?

Tom

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wax, Bill" <Bill.Wax@xmradio.com>
To: <BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:47 AM
Subject: XM Radio

Wow - I am overwhelmed by the comments behind my response to Marty.  I
thank all of your for your way too kind words.  We are far from perfect
here and are always trying to better how and what we are doing on XM.
The biggest problem for Bluesville is the lack of other employee,s so
many of the programming ideas we would love to generate must remain in
the future file.  We are also under pretty strict restrictions due to us
being classified as a digital entity instead of radio.

I always view Bluesville much like a first year art history course in
college.  We try to do a survey of the blues in its entirety from the
earliest days to the present, but we try to keep in mind that it is a
living organic music that continues to grow and add new elements all the
time.  Our commitment is to the artists of the music we all love both
deceased and live.

I am more than happy to discuss any of what we are doing on Bluesville,
although I have been reluctant to do that in a public forum in the past,
but I'm a big boy and I can take it.

Oh and Brat - that wedding idea will only work if you are "going where
the bad people go" to quote Ann Rabson, cause I am sure I'll be chasing
the devil when my time is up, hell I play the blues.

Bill Wax, Proprietor of Low-Fi's Bar and Pool Hall in the heart of
Bluesville.

BLUES-L to: listserv@lists.netspace.org