Chicago Blues Clubs

Michael Huggins jukekings@suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 20 00:00:30 EDT 2007

Ahem.... that California reference is often made referring to SHC. It
is erroneous, however. The words are, RJ's  southern dialect singing:
the land a calling for ya. Don't take my word, look it up.  This has
come up before on this list, I think. You may find it in archive, but I
can't recall the subject line...
Too much fun since then.
Just an FYI. :)
cordially
On Jun 19, 2007, at 8:49 PM, jaywatterworth@comcast.net wrote:

> Somewhat ironic for a song about California!
>
> Jay

> From: Mindy Giles <Mingiles@aol.com>
>

>> In a message dated 6/19/2007 4:38:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>> jlemko@COMCAST.NET writes:
>>
>> You're going to have a hard time finding a blues bar in Chicago where
>> you won't hear Sweet Home Chicago. Maybe, you should consider staying
>> in your hotel room.
>>
>> ChipComcast wrote:
>>> Can anyone direct me to a Quality blues club in Chicago?
>>> I'll be there for a week with nights free. I know of BG Legends &
>>> Rosa's
>>> from an internet search.
>>> Looking to stay away from the Disneyfied blues places or anyplace
>>> that 'Sweet Home Chicago' is played. Can any natives of Chi-town
>>> help me out.
>>

>> I had to laugh to out loud. There is a PLAY SWEET HOME CHICAGO
>> contract that
>> all blues musicians MUST sign before they step on stage in Chicago.
>> This is
>> administered by audience members!
>>
>> Cheers, Mindy

>> UNSUBSCRIBE BLUES-L
>> to: listserv@lists.netspace.org

> Archives & web interface:
> http://lists.netspace.org/archives/blues-l.html
> http://www.lsoft.com
> To unsubscribe from BLUES-L, send an email with the message
> UNSUBSCRIBE BLUES-L to: listserv@lists.netspace.org

If the human mind was a simple thing to understand, WE would be too
simple to understand it. <unk.>