Chicago Blues Clubs

Karen Hanson karen.hanson@gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:40:10 EDT 2007

Not to plug my own book.... but heck, why not:  Today's Chicago Blues. This
is essential a guidebook to everything related to the blues in Chicago.
You'll find descriptions of clubs and much more.

In terms of "Disneyfied" clubs, let me ask: Are you going to hear the music,
or to see the club? Your expectations are going to play a big part in how
satsified you are. In my opinion, it's possible to hear excellent blues
music at any of the clubs, even at the touristy Blue Chicago clubs, if you
choose wisely.

If want you want to do is go to the smaller bars in the African American
neighborhoods, then you're going to have to open your mind and understand
that, for the most part, you're going to hear soul-blues there. (And good
luck finding a cab.) But if that's what you want, I recommend Lee's Unleaded
Blues, 7401 S. Chicago Ave., on the weekends.

Karen

--
Karen Hanson
Today's Chicago Blues