New Show! Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio #0690

Norman Thompson nthompsonjr@cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 13 14:32:23 EDT 2007

THE NEW SHOW IS UP!-Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio is currently web-casting for your listening pleasure its newest 3 1/2 hour Blues Special - (#0690-recorded 06/09/07). The internet version of Smokestack Lightnin' is now comprised of selected sets digitally recorded during our live broadcasts on WUCF 89.9FM in Orlando.  The URL is www.smokestacklightnin.com  . For the very first time, we are offering the internet streaming of Smokestack Lightnin' on the latest version of the Windows Media Player. You will find the audio quality the finest available. We know you enjoy listening to the archived version of Smokestack Lightnin'. Now you can enjoy even more new and original blues programming by tuning into Smokestack Lightnin' live on WUCF each Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Standard Time (USA). The direct WUCF stream utilizes RealPlayer software.

A link to the WUCF URL can be found on our webpage at http://www.smokestacklightnin.com along with an explanation of times you can access the show live. Thank you for listening. The Smokestack Team

PLAYLIST: Smokestack Lightnin' Blues Radio #0690

Artist/Song/CD/Label

Smokestack Lightnin's Top Ten Blues CDs for the week of June 9, 2007

#10 Alex Wilson/You Used To Know Me/Tell Me Why/Rathskeller

#9 Matt Scofield/Searchin' (Give Me A Sign)/Ear To The Ground/Nugene

#8 Sugar Ray & The Bluetones/The Last Words Of A Fool/My Life,My Friends, My Music/Severn

#7 Billy Gibson/Early In The Mornin'/Live At The Rum Boogie Cafe/Daddy O

#6 Hamilton Loomis/You Got to Wait/Ain't Just Temporary/Blind Pig

#5 James Blood Ulmer/Let's Talk About Jesus/Bad Blood In The City/Hyena

#4 The Mannish Boys/Walkin' Down Filmore/Big Plans/Delta Groove

#3 Big George Brock/Two Trains Runnin'/Heavyweight Blues/APO

#2 Ronnie Baker Brooks/The Torch Of The Blues/The Torch/Watchdog

#1 Dave Hole/Somethin' Inside Me/Rough Diamond/Alligator

Breakin' It Up - Muddy Waters/Johnny Winter/James Cotton Live 1977

Muddy Waters, Et Al/Dealin' With The Devil/Breakin' it Up, Breakin' it Down/Epic Legacy

Muddy Waters, Et Al/Rocket 88/same

Muddy Waters, Et Al/Done Got Over It/same

This Weeks New Arrivals

Ana Popovic/Between Our Worlds/Still Makin' History/Delta Groove

Tinsley Ellis/Say Too Much/Moment Of Truth/Alligator

Davis Coen/Little Red Rooster/Ill Disposition/219

Sharrie Williams/Tell Mama/Live At The Bay-Car Blues Festival/Crosscut

The Benefit Concert

Susan Tedeschi/Angel From Montgomery/The Benefit Concert Vol. 1/Evil Teen

Allman Brothers & Floyd Miles/Born Under A Bad Sign/The Benefit Concert Vol. 2/Evil Teen

Govt. Mule/Mule/The Benefit Concert Vol. 1/Evil Teen

All New Blues

Billy Jones/Crystal/My Hometown/Black & Tan

Jimmy Thackery & The Drivers/Blue Tears/Solid Ice/Telarc

Giles/Nutbush City Limits/Dancing With Delores/May Tree

Willie McBlind/Hope My Baby/Find My Way Back Home/Free Note

More New Blues

Barbara Blue/The Love Money Can't Buy/Love Money Can't Buy/Big Blue

Laurie Morvan/Wiggle Room/Cures What Ails Ya/Screamin' Lizard

Teresa James/Next Big Thang/The Bottom Line/New Light

Cheryl Lescom/Drown In My own Tears/High Heeled Blues/Flaming Cheese

Sue Foley-Deborah Coleman-Roxanne Potvin/Time Bomb/Time Bomb/Ruf

Sugar Ray & The Bluetones/I Like My Baby's Puddin'/My Life..../Severn

Harper/I'll Go Home/Day By Day/Blind Pig

Darrell Nulish/Play It Cool/Goin' Back To Dallas/Severn

Cadillac Pete & The Heat/Rollin' Pin/Steamroller/CPR

Buddy Flett/Done Sopmething Wrong/Mississippi Sea/self

Matt Walsh/One Look/Hard Luck/Rawtone

Alex Gomez/Macon Bacon/Always Never/self

Howard Glazer & The El 34s/Broken Down Hotel Blues/Liquor Store Legend/Random Chance

Giles/Black Queen/Blue Funk/Maytree

Jeff Turmes/The Woman's On Fire/The Distance You Can Travel/Fat Head

Joe Vincino & The Smoke Daddys/Black Cloud Blues/Shine/self

CLOSE

David Gogo/Backstroke/Skeleton Key/Cordova Bay