is 2007 king biscuit cancelled?

Ricky Stevens deltabluz@hotmail.com
Sun Jun 10 05:35:57 EDT 2007

The latest word from Helena as I understand it is this:

At this time, the festival is still on for this year at least.

The Sonny Boy Blues Society of Helena, Arkansas sponsors the Arkansas Blues
and Heritage Festival, formerly known as the King Biscuit Blues Festival.
The IRS imposed a levy on the accounts of the Sonny Boy Blues Society for
not filing the required Form 990's for several years.  The accounts are not
frozen at this time and the SBBS is back to business more or less as usual.
I was informed that the SBBS and the IRS are working on a payment plan to be
finalized sometime after the 2007 festival.

Ricky Stevens
Arkabutla, Mississippi