MySpace

Steve Ditzell steveditzell@yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 21:58:52 EDT 2007

I get more responses and feedback with MySpace than the one I pay big money to keep.  Makes me wonder why I bother.  I get a few e-mails a month from the BLB page but get comments and e-mails daily from MySpace.  The most important feature for musicians is the event page.  If you post events, make sure you include the zip code of the venue, since that's how they are sorted for searches.  I find that people contact each other and come out in groups, sometimes 20 at a time, for events.  Club owners really like seeing those unfamiliar faces!!!

  Good luck to all,

  Steve

Michele Lundeen <luckymljj@msn.com> wrote:
  It's fun to see how many of you have a MySpace site. It will be intriguing
to put a face and/or music with name. I reluctantly had a friend offer
(practically insist) on building mine 'cause she was into it... I figured it
would just be another shameless self-promo thing but, hey, always trying to
get the word out and might as well be "up with the times," so to speak. I
didn't realize that there was a separate builder if you were a musician so
that was important. Even though it's definitely another thing that takes
extra time to stay on top of, I do like it 'cause I've "met" some really
great musicians and people (jus' had to put it like that! LOL) as well as
reconnected with old friends in the biz. I have noticed that some new fans
go directly to my MySpace site now and just bypass my regular website now,
so that's a little weird... I put a lot of work into my main website! Many
of the musicians that I've discovered or have "found" me on MySpace are
really good or have unique styles. I feel confident I could even hookup with
some of these players if I happened to be on the road w/o my full band on
the basis of our MySpace connection.... even had invitations. In that
respect I think MySpace is an extraordinary networking tool. And a mutual
admiration society if you will.

Have a great weekend y'all ....
Michele Lundeen
www.myspace.com/queenofsteam