Myspace artist profile stuff (was Myspace)

Stan Erhart stan_erhart@pcworld.com
Fri Jun 1 15:38:30 EDT 2007

So those are Mr. Wonderful's friends?  That explains everything.  I was
going to say something nice about Mr. W., but I was afraid it would be
misunderstood and, oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood (sorry he
says sheepishly).  In other news, I am happy to report that I received a
reply from myspace tech support in less than 24 hrs!, very good by any
standards.  But the bad news is that you're right and it's as I suspected,
you can't convert a regular myspace profile to a music profile, and if you
decide to have two profiles, you can't use the same email address for both.
The good news is that nobody is my friend yet, so I don't have to worry
about losing anybody when I trash my current myspace profile.  Which I will
do with relish.

For anyone interested, here is my myspace tech support question and their
reply.  It's the big chunk of text between the === lines.

-Stan
Hello there,

Sorry for inconvenience, but profile conversions are not available. Only
one profile/URL is allowed per email address. A separate band profile
would have to be established under a separate email address. If you wish
to create a Band profile, click the link below and sign up.

http://signup.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bandjoin

Warning - MySpace Music accounts are for MUSICIANS. Uploading songs you
do not own is a violation of the artist's copyrights and against the
law. If you upload songs you do not own, your account will be deleted.

If you would like to show support for a musical group or artist, create
a fan club in our GROUP section.

Thank you,
Myspace Music Support
Myspace.com