The line/question of the year nomination

Gregory Johnson slimlively@hotmail.com
Sun Jan 28 17:03:38 EST 2007

I didn't state anything about being angry or demeaning to the kids. It was all tongue in cheek. I am a huge proponent of the Blues in the Schools programs; it is a large part of what our society wants to accomplish. I have personally set up blues performances at one of the largest hospital systems in the NW the past couple years for their annual Easter Kids Fair just to reach out to them at an early age. You cannot build on the future for the music if not offering some form of exposure.

Greg
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joe McGaha<mailto:bookings@burningblues.com>
  To: 'Gregory Johnson'<mailto:slimlively@hotmail.com> ; BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG<mailto:BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG>
  Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 1:55 PM
  Subject: RE: The line/question of the year nomination

  Yeah--there are a lot of kids who are uninformed, or misinformed about the
  blues.  I hope all of you are kind & friendly as you inform them--anger
  basically just turns folks in the other direction.  Blame the school system,
  or their parents, or society as a whole, but don't come down on these kids
  too hard.  If a kid isn't exposed to something, whose fault is that?  I was
  lucky enough to have music-loving parents who exposed me to enough to move
  me in the right direction, but I knew a lot of kids who didn't come from
  that situation.  In fact, some hard-core religious groups downright banned
  them from listening to blues, and rock & roll.

  "Cleanhead" Joe McGaha
  The Burning Blues Band
  http://www.burningblues.com<http://www.burningblues.com/>