Now that SRV is gone who's next in bringing Blues to mainstream?

chefoblues@aol.com chefoblues@aol.com
Sat Jan 27 18:50:30 EST 2007

 I guess we need to write VH1 and tell them that, i'm pretty sure they said Dylan was the first.  Makes me wonder why they would say the white guy was the first?  Well aside from the obvious answer the dreaded R word.

I wonder if Muddy, John or the Chambers were received any better than Dylan was?  Really is an interesting question if you are indeed correct Dick.  Me i was a in the eight grade in spring/'64.

chefo

-----Original Message-----
From: Jinxblues@aol.com
To: Chefoblues@aol.com; BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Sent: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: Now that SRV is gone who's next in bringing Blues to mainstream?

In a message dated 1/26/07 11:56:47 PM, chefoblues@aol.com writes:

I was watching a "history of Rock and Roll" segment on a music channel and they were talking about the time
at Newport Folk Festival when Dylan was booed profoundly for going electric at the festival that had previously been acoustic only.  I think the year was '64.

Oher acts had previously played electric, notably Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and the Chambers Brothers. Dylan played electric in 1965.

Dick Waterman
Oxford, MS
www.dickwaterman.com