You're just a rock player playing some blues...?!

Ron Weinstock rbluesw@YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 24 06:03:19 EST 2007

Elvin Jones could swing and always did swing with Trane but could also play soft.  Elvin a crash-
banger, obnly to someone with limited ears. BTW Derek Trucks won an auction for the tympani
that Jones used on A Love Supreme.
Roy Haynes was Jones' fill-in and still swings. Now Rashied Ali, who replaced Elvin, may not be to
Fred's taste.
I believe Ed Blackwell, Ornette Coleman's drummer, was on some Lee Dorsey Records.

Ron

listserv@lists.netspace.org