Does B.B. know about this?

Jonny Meister bluesandbeyond@gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:13:33 EST 2007

I've heard several bands complain about agreements like this at clubs, even
clubs that enjoy very positive images.... no one wants to lose money -- and
most want to make it-- blues, unfortunately, loses often. I remember seeing
Big Jack Johnson some years ago at a club in Philadelphia. A decent-sized,
but not huge, crowd was there. The club people told me that the late night
show, with a local rock band, would bring in more than twice as many people
& the band was paid a quarter of what Big Jack was paid. It seems that
festivals are a better platform for blues than clubs these days. Bands that
are serious about club work go to great lengths to gather up their fans for
gigs-- to meet expectations like the ones in the contract described
here.  -Jonny