Jesse James Johnson (Brown)

Ron Weinstock rbluesw@YAHOO.COM
Sun Apr 29 17:15:14 EDT 2007

Bo Diddley's website has a brief obit in its hot news section on the former
member of Bo's Band.

http://members.tripod.com/~Originator_2/hotnews.html

"We have learnt with great regret of the passing of Jesse James Johnson (aka
Jesse Brown) in Washington, DC on Sunday March 25th 2007. Jesse played bass
guitar in the BO DIDDLEY band throughout the early 1960s and contributed to
several of his classic albums from that period, including 1960's "Bo Diddley
Is A Gunslinger", 1961's "Bo Diddley Is A Lover" and 1962's "Bo Diddley" and
"Bo Diddley & Company" LPs. In recent years, Jesse had enjoyed playing with
his blues/soul band Jesse James & The Raiders to great acclaim at a number
of local venues in and around the Washington, DC area. Jesse's musicianship,
showmanship and good humor added much to the BO DIDDLEY aggregation in the
early 1960s. We remember him and send our sincere condolences to his family
and friends at this very sad time."