Janis Joplin & Bessie Smith....tribute memorial.....

Michael Huggins jukekings@suddenlink.net
Tue Apr 24 20:12:07 EDT 2007

Aw, I don't know..... maybe because the brother and sister are
obviously greedy and haven't shown any proclivity  towards doing the
'right thing'  for a deceased family member. Most especially, since
Janis is likely to be the source of their affluence. Sorry M-Frs, in my
book.
just my view,
Michael

On Apr 24, 2007, at 12:44 PM, Dick Waterman wrote:

> In a message dated 4/24/07 12:37:34 PM, defrosterz@yahoo.com writes:
>

>>   .....why is there no 'tribute' to Janis?....and who wants to help
>> start a
>> campaign to at least erect a marker for her , one of the greatest
>> blues
>> singers, at least somewhere?.....Port Arthur? San Francisco?...even in
>> LA?.......wonder if any of the great musicians  of the '70s would
>> donate at least
>> $50....? ...shoot, we could get at least a  'headstone' for several
>> hundred
>> bucks.....wtf ?......
>>

> She was pretty much hated in her home town and she never had anything
> good to
> say about them either.
>
> Her brother and sister are her estate and they have gotten quite
> wealthy from
> use of her image. Why should Blues-L step up first when there is
> plenty of
> family money available?
>
> Dick Waterman
> Oxford, MS
> www.dickwaterman.com

If the human mind was a simple thing to understand, WE would be too
simple to understand it. <unk.>