Is Bonnie Raitt a pioneer?

Gregory Johnson slimlively@hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:04:34 EDT 2007

Hey Jef,

Alice is competing in our regional IBC selection competition this year.
Would she be considered a ringer as a solo artist? I do not believe she
thinks so. She just wants the opportunity to possibly be exposed to a larger
scale audience that the IBC might allow her. And she comes into the
competition locally knowing that she has a tough challenge facing her just
to make the finals.

Here's somebody that has seen more career comebacks than most and has an
extensive history in folk, blues and rock. Somebody who has shared the stage
with the likes of Fred McDowell, John Hurt, Ramblin' Jack Elliott, John
Fahey and even The Mothers of Invention.

I haven't heard the new CD yet, is it a continuation of the country flavor
she did with the double-live disc last year? You just can't go wrong with
Alice on anything she does. That Burnside album "Can't Find No Heaven" still
gets a lot of play time for me.

Greg