warfare on the stand, was: chick willis

Son Lewis Sonlewis1@aol.com
Sat Apr 21 01:07:03 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/20/2007 8:50:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fdabney@nmsu.edu writes:

I can't  remember the guy's name but "Cannonball" Adderly had an enormous
hit with a  number composed by his band's piano player.  Said piano player
got  sick of having to do it each set during a gig and started clowning
around
with it on the stand.  Cannon got so mad at him that he  chased the piano
player off the stand and a block away from the club before  he quit

That would be, I assume, Joe Zawinul... a very white guy from Eastern  Europe
and composer of Mercy Mercy Mercy and Birdland....

Son  Lewis
Blues Vocalist/Guitarist
_www.sonlewis.com_ (http://www.sonlewis.com/)