Quote from Musselwhite in NC (San Diego) Times

Whiteboy Slim (maurice richard libby) blues@whiteboy-slim.com
Thu Apr 19 17:00:19 EDT 2007

In the past three years, I have notices that at every bar I play at or
just drink at, whether it caters to 20-somethings or old farts, the
place clears out by 1am. A lot of artists I know in NYC start their gigs
as early at 7pm to give the young suburbanites time to drive back to
their homes. Around here I start my first set a 8pm if the owner will allow.

In all the years I've been playing, I 've seen the first set go from 9pm
to 9:30 to 10, and now sometimes 11. I think sometimes that the start
time followed what happened in the seventies with Stadium rock acts. At
first the sound checks took so long that 9 0'clock shows started at
10:30, then it became a kind of status symbol to start late (I think
there was a bit of disdain for the fans too--let the rubes stew!)

What I do know now is that nobody  I know, except hard-core coke users
and meth-heads, wants to stay out late anymore. Hell, it's hard to find
somebody to go out and get a burger after a gig anymore.

maurice

--

maurice richard libby

aka Whiteboy Slim

nominated "best Blues Act" -2005 Toronto Independent Music Awards

http://www.whiteboy-slim.com

to buy CDs --> http://www.cdbaby.com/all/whiteboyslim

EPK --> http://www.sonicbids.com/whiteboyslim

EPK --> http://www.sonicbids.com/whiteboyslim2