Fwd: On copyright and royalties again

Fred W fred.wilhelms@GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 16 17:37:46 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fred W <fred.wilhelms@gmail.com>
Date: Apr 16, 2007 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: On copyright and royalties again
To: Thom Myers thom_myers@sbbmail.com

Please do provide a link.

Within the last hour, the news just got a whole lot worse, but not
unexpectedly.  The CRB has announced it is not going to have a rehearing on
the announced rates.  In addition, they are not suspending the new rates
until all legal appeals are exhausted.  SoundExchange can start sending out
the bills for 2006 in the middle of May.

No one but the major labels and their puppets at SoundExchange are
celebrating this decision.

We can count on immediate legal action to stop the new rates.  NPR should be
first to file, they started working on the complaint last month.  The matter
will be heard in Federal District Court in D.C., God knows when.

Now, more than ever, we need Congress to intervene.

Fred