NBC: imus to appear on sharpton's radio show today

Dick Waterman Jinxblues@aol.com
Mon Apr 9 19:29:26 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/9/07 5:24:27 PM, slimlively@hotmail.com writes:

> Personally, I could care less about Imus. He statements were completely
> stupid and offensive. But truth be told, Sharpton and Jackson just sit,
> waiting and drooling for these type of remarks so they can jump all over
> them for their own publicity.

I apologize in advance to the many who will disagree with me, but I think
that Sharpton set up Imus today and then sucker punched him.

Imus did two hours on Sharpton's show, possibly with the understanding that
Sharpton would help him get the matter dealt with so that people could move on.
He got pounded by Sharpton and kept admitting that he was wrong.

After it was over, Sharpton held his own press conference and demanded that
Imus be fired and said that nothing that Imus could have said on his
(Sharpton's) show would have made any difference.

Ratings, baby . . . it's all about getting guests that get you the numbers .
. .

Dick Waterman
Oxford, MS
www.dickwaterman.com