Fw: Re: B. B. King gets his question answered

Karen Hanson karen.hanson@gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 07:59:54 EST 2005

I'm mindful of this when I interview older blues artists. People
always want to know what it was like to work with Muddy Waters or
Magic Sam, etc. I may get around to asking those questions, but not
before I've focused on the artist and his own work. It's not only a
simple matter of respect, but if you do your homework, you invariably
find a wealth of contributions of the artist himself. People need to
know this.

It's so easy to focus on the blues legends, but I've found some of my
favorite music by exploring the lesser-known people.

Karen