Kenny Johnson RIP

pam pamblues@earthlink.net
Sat Mar 26 18:06:37 EST 2005

Kenny's passing is very sad.  I knew him when he was playing
with Deborah Coleman and Kenny Neal.  This has to be hard on
Kenny Neal, with whom Kennard played for many years, and Kenny
(Neal) was saddened when Kennard didn't quite have it all
together and rejoiced when Kennard put his life back in order.
Back in 2001, Kenny told me that he was so happy to have
Kennard back with his band and manning the drums on his then
latest cd.

Kenny J. was one of 12 kids, I think that is the right number,
and he has a twin sister.  His mother - don't know how she did
it - had five or six sets of twins, some less than a year apart.

Sally - if you hear from Ed V. again, tell him that Pam from
Charleston says hi - and I miss his ole nasty self.