Fw: Fw: Re: I-pod - Cover Songs

Grady Musick jagr68@citlink.net
Fri Mar 25 20:00:08 EST 2005

Andy,

I got much better "rates" by dealing directly with KOS and Bug Music.
and I do mean MUCH better rates.

Grady
  I've found both King of Spades Music and Bug Music to be very easy to work
  with.

  The Harry Fox Agency is way too expensive when compared to the
  aforementioned method.

Hmmm... now that is very interesting.  I am assuming your issue on "expensive" is because the Harry Fox Agency will only issue mechanicals based upon statutory rates and you were able to negotiate a better-than-statutory rate deal with the other publishers?  How did you do that?   What you doing with other publishers on cover tunes?

Andy Allu
Silk City Records
973.599.0237
www.silkcitycd.com