Re: Re:       Re: ADMIN: Re: Robert Johnson Photos : WSJ

Ron Weinstock rbluesw@YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 23 19:24:18 EST 2005

Excuse me, but your account of Hound Dog is very different from what Johnny Otis stated which I
recall he talked about colloborating with them on it but losing out because they were underage or
something.  Why the hell would Johnny Otis of all people who knew something about the record
business sell them the song they did not write.   Maybe the reason the Coaster stuff gives them
credit is they wrote the songs.  I also seem to recall seeing a Federal label of K.C. Loving with the
composer credit being Lieber & Stoller on a Little Willie Littlefield reissue. As for Don Robey, he did
in fact buy songs and there is a pretty good account of this in Down in Houston, Blues in Bayou
City, and Chuck Berry's shared composer credits was in essence payola, but that does not prove
anything.  Does Little Willie Littlefield have a copy of the piece of paper that memorializes the sale
of K.C. Loving  to Lieber & Stoller.  Just a few questions

Ron