Re: Re:       Re: ADMIN: Re: Robert Johnson Photos : WSJ

gtrmac@prodigy.net gtrmac@prodigy.net
Wed Mar 23 19:09:10 EST 2005

It was no secret that Leiber & Stoler bought song's from artist that they
met in Night clubs Etc,I knew Little Willie LittleField Personally he told
me Lieber & Stoler Bought K.C.Loving that was first released On the Label
Federal He said they paid him 100.00 Dollars for that tune and they changed
the name to Kansas City. And gave it to Wilbert Harrison.There was also
Another tune That they took over HoundDog which was pined By Big Mama
Thornton & Johnny Otis.Most all of those Coaster Material Gives Credit to
Leiber & Stoler  Little Willie and Johnny Otis Both told me that leiber &
Stoler was always Scouting night Clubs where Young blacks performed at and
always had ready cash for song's After they Bought them They would put their
name on Them.In those day it was common practice for promoters to buy music
Deadric Malone Duke records and a few others I myself have checked out some
song credits and some of those writers was not well known like Demetrius for
instance.
I spoke to Chuck berry he was telling me about all the tunes he wrote that
he had to give up to be Recorded or signed to the Label.
  Guitar Mac.
http://www.guitarmac.com
http://pages.prodigy.net/gtrmac
http://www.soundclick.com