Who among us?

HASHBB@aol.com HASHBB@aol.com
Wed Mar 23 13:31:36 EST 2005

In a message dated 23-Mar-05 11:46:25 AM Central Standard Time,
deltabluz@hotmail.com writes:

> You
> >have already changed your own view and statements in this post/answer. You
> >were
> >the one saying LaVere discovered Johnson.
>
> Please show me where I wrote that LaVere discovered Johnson.
>
> Ricky Stevens

I stand corrected. What you did say was RJ was "a blues musician who was
generally unknown to the world before 1960 and has turned him into a cultural
icon.(snip) I contend that LaVere did promote RJ to a higher degree of public
notoriety, but that he was already a cultural icon by the time Lavere came on the
scene. You act as if RJ was totally unknown to anyone except musicians which
is not case. You also act as if RJ would not be widely known if LaVere hadn't
helped in his promotion, also not the case.
HB