Who among us?

Ricky Stevens deltabluz@hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 23:54:15 EST 2005

I side completely with Steve LaVere. LaVere has taken  a blues musician who
was generally unknown to the world before 1960, who  left a relatively small
body of work and he has turned him into a cultural icon.  It is primarily
through the efforts of Mr. LaVere that Robert Johnson's work has been
re-released, that Robert Johnson has become a symbol of the blues to the
world.

As I see it, he has a greater claim to any profits from Robert Johnson's
estate than any other living person.  Claud Johnson may have a valid claim
by virtue of his birth, but the fact is that without the work of Steve
Lavere there would be no estate for Claud Johnson to inherit.

Ricky Stevens
Arkabutla, Mississippi