Etta Baker on NPR

Ken Ficara kenficara@gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:53:48 EST 2005

And those recordings are now available -- legally and with royalties
going to Etta Baker -- through the Music Maker Relief Foundation:
http://www.musicmaker.org. I am not at all affiliated with them, other
than that I send money their way wherever possible. Any fan of the
blues should be supporting them, not only because of the great work
they do, but because they put out unbelievably good music. Check them
out!

Ken

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:49:43 -0700, Jay Watterworth
<jaywatterworth@comcast.net> wrote:
> From NPR's Morning Edition:
>  A handful of field recordings of Etta Baker's music, released in the 1960s,
> were enough to influence many aspiring traditional guitarists, from Bob
> Dylan to Taj Mahal. But Baker wasn't paid for her music until recent
> years -- she put out her first full CD in 1991.
>
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4536802
>
> Jay

> NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc.   http://www.lsoft.com

Ken Ficara