Sittin In with a Visiting Band

Son Lewis Sonlewis1@aol.com
Fri Mar 18 11:50:03 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/18/2005 11:29:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bcohen@bpecreative.com writes:

I'm  going to see Little Charlie and the Nightcats tonight.  They are  one
of my favorite bands.  It would be a dream come true to sit in  with them
for a number.  Does anyone know how they feel about that  sort of thing?
What's the best way to approach  this.

Unless you are a close friend of the band who they have played with before,
I wouldn't count on it happening.  Usually, it's more likely that your
favorite artist saw YOU perform and got up and played with you in YOUR venue
first... or that's the way I have seen it happen.

Professional bands at any level are unlikely to invite a stranger up to
play. Fact of life.  If you approach them you will most likely be  disappointed.
Not personally knowing the band in question, I am not sure  whether they would
be gracious or not in refusing your  request.