The first time...

Steven Harnar chrfoblues2005@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 12:45:32 EST 2005

I'd say don't be scared.  Tell yourself your good enough.  Step up to the challenge and the honor of sharing the stage with your personal hero then go out there and have a great time playing your ass off.  Think of it as an opportunity to live your dream.

Steve

Downhome <downhome@email.it> wrote:
I was told I'm going to open for Junior Watson on next July. The man is a
sort of legend to me. I spent whole days listening to his terrific guitar
playing.
I'm even scared to share the backstage with him!

So what do y'all zellers suggest:

1) Get me some "Learn blues piano in 21 days" book, sell my guitars and play
keyboards for that night.
2) Try to break an arm so that I can say:"I'm sorry, but...you see....I
cannot play!"
3) Tell my band to switch to reggae music.
4) Give Mr. Watson a dozen bottles of the finest Italian red wine hoping he
will get drunk before the show.

I think none of these options will save me from being hammered by the man!
As a member of a blues festival audience all I always thought about "Joe
Regular" bands was:"Amps off, go fishing!". I fear it's all coming back to
me now!

What did you do the first time one of your personal legends was waiting for
you to leave the stage?

Riccardo

Sponsor:
Bisogno di liquidità? Non devi spiegare per cosa. Fino a 4.000 € a casa tua
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2291&d=20050315

NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc. http://www.lsoft.com