Song Information

Kate Hart katehart@speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 15 01:55:53 EST 2005

Yep, that's the one!
Kate Hart

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG]On Behalf Of
Rolf Olmsted
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 7:39 PM
To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
Subject: Re: Song Information

Here they are as done by T-Bone Walker on his 1957 or 8 album "T-Bone Blues"

by Mitchell Parish / Harry White

Evenin'
Ev'ry night you come and you find me, oh Lord
And you always come and remind me, oh yes
That my gal is gone, my baby's gone, oh Lord, my baby's gone
Evenin'
Can't you see I'm deeply in your power, oh Lord?
Every minute seems like an hour, oh Lord
Since my gal, she's gone, my baby's gone, my baby's gone
Now shadow's fallin', well,
Are on the wall
That's the time I miss your kiss, most of all
Even though I try, how can I go on, oh yes, go on
Pretty baby
Evenin'
Let me sleep 'til the gray dawn is breakin', oh yes
I don't care if I don't awaken, oh Lord
Since my gal she's gone, my baby's gone, oh yes she's gone
Evenin'
Let me sleep 'til gray dawn is breakin', oh Lord
I don't care if I don't awaken, oh yes, since my gal she's gone
My baby's gone, my baby's gone
My baby's gone

Rolf Olmsted