PLAYLIST: KMSU/KMSK blues, March 1 - 7, 2005

KMSUBLUES@aol.com KMSUBLUES@aol.com
Fri Mar 11 17:23:36 EST 2005

KMSU/KMSK WEEKLY BLUES PLAYLISTS
KMSU 89.7FM (Mankato, Minnesota, USA)
KMSK 91.3 FM (Austin, Minnesota, USA)
"The Maverick Radio Network"
WEB BROADCAST: http://www.KMSU.org
"Top 25" submitted to "LIVING BLUES" Magazine each month
MARK HALVERSON
Blues Host & Producer
133 Lincoln Street
Mankato, MN USA 56001
E-MAIL: KMSUblues@mnmojo.com
(email address.works again)
FAX: (507) 345-6407
(send inquiries & promotional materials to this address)

BLUES BEFORE MONDAY: 7:00-10:00 p.m. Sunday, March 6, 2005.  With Mark and
Gary, the "White Bread Blues Boys."  Mostly a basic show.  Birthday tributes to
Furry Lewis and J.B. Lenoir.  A tribute to Wild Child Butler who had died the
previous week, and a couple new release previews.

      ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
        HOUR 1
 1. Slim Harpo/Still Rainin' In My Heart/Hip-O
 2. Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King/Healthy Mama/Blind Pig
 3. Mad Dog Lester Davenport/My Mama Rocks Me/Delmark
 4. The Jelly Roll Kings/Mess Around/HMG
    (A) Furry Lewis/In His Prime 1927-1928/Yazoo
 5. Furry Lewis/Good Looking Girl Blues/Yazoo
 6. Furry Lewis/Falling Down Blues/yazoo
 7. Corey Harris/Mama Got Worried
 8. Stevie Ray Vaughan/Pride And Joy/Epic
 9. Luther Allison/It Hurts Me Too/Alligator
10. Watermelon Slim/Red White and Blues/Southern
11. Mannish Boys/Call My Job/Delta Groove
12. John Lee Hooker/Doin' the Shout/MCA
    HOUR 2
    (A) J.B. Lenoir/Natural Man/Chess MCA
14. J.B. Lenoir/Natural Man/Chess MCA
15. J.B. Lenoir/Don't Dog Your Woman/Chess MCA
16. Magic Sam/Everything Gonna Be Alright/Cobra
17. Otis Rush/I Can't Quit You Baby/Delmark
18. Albert Collins/Snowed In/Alligator
19. Marcia Ball/If It Ain't One Thing/Alligator
20. Big Al & the Heavyweights/Eat More Crawfish/Bluziana
21. Denise LaSalle/Bone It Like You Own It/Ecko
22. Ray Charles/Tell The Truth/Atlantic
23. Michelle Wilson/As Long As I'm Movin'/Bullseye
    (A) Solomon Burke/Make Do With What You Got/Shout
24. Solomon Burke/I Need Your Love In My Life/Shout
25. Solomon Burke/Fading Footsteps/Shout
26. Solomon Burke/I Got The Blues/Shout
27. Solomon Burke/Make Do With What You Got/Shout
28  Solomon Burke/Wealth Won't Save Your Soul/Shout
    HOUR 3
    (A) Wild Child Butler/These Mean Old Blues/Bullseye
29. Wild Child Butler/These Mean Old Blues/Bullseye
30. Wild Child Butler/Give Me An Answer/Bullseye
31. Wild Child Butler/anyone Can Say They Love You/Bullseye
32. Wild Child Butler/Crack House Woman/Bullseye
33. Wild Child Butler/The Devil Made Me Do It/Bullseye
34. Wild Child Butler/No One Woman's Man/Bullseye
35. Wild Child Butler/(Baby) Do Your Thing/Bullseye
    (A) Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/The Duke Meets The Earl/Stony Plain
36. Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/Two Bones & A Pick/Stony Plain
37. Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/Lookin' For Trouble/Stony Plain
38. Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/A Soul That's Been Abused/Stony Plain

BLUE MONDAY: 6:00 - 7:00 Monday, March 7, 2005
Hosted by Mark Halverson. Just a basic show here.  This was a repeat of a
show first aired on December 11, 2000.

      ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
 1.     James Booker/Make A Better World/Hannibal
 2.     Little Arthur Duncan/Pretty Girls Everywhere/Random Chance
 3.     Too Slim & the Taildragggers/I Get Real High/Burnside
 4.     Big Moma Thorton/Mr. Cool/Vangaurd
 5.     Sugar Blue/Dark and Hungry/Blues Collection
 6.     Kristi Johnston/Rock This Morning/Stony Plain
 7.     Miss Lavelle White/You Gonna Make Me Cry/Antone's
 8.     Big Daddy G/Checkbook Game/Regges
 9.     Charles Aitkins/Should the Waters Make Me Blue/Icehouse
10.    Home Cookin'/Brick House In Memphis/Blue Dot
11.    Big Twist & the Mellow Fellows/Turn Back the Hands of Time/Flying Fish

BLUES BREAK: Monday - Friday 11:30 - Noon.
Hosted by Mark Halverson.  Did new release previews on Tuesday, Wednesday
(this one had sat around a while) and Friday.  A gig plug on Thursday and a
classic on Monday.

      ARTIST / SONG TITLE / LABEL (A) = album title
    TUESDAY, MARCH 1
    (A) Ann Rabson/In A Family Way/EDM
 1. Ann Rabson/Little Red Wagon/EDM
 2. Ann Rabson/See See Rider/EDM
 3. Ann Rabson/Little Chickee Wah Wah/EDM
 4. Ann Rabson/Blindsided/EDM
 5. Ann Rabson/I'd Rather Be Alone/EDM
 6. Ann Rabson/Midnight Hour Blues/EDM
 7. Ann Rabson/I Want To Hop On Your Harley/EDM
 8. Ann Rabson/Go Where the Bad People/EDM
 9. Ann Rabson/Three Hundred Pounds of Joy/EDM
    WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2
    (A) Rosco Gordon/No Dark In America/Dualtone
10. Rosco Gordon/No Dark In America/Dualtone
11. Rosco Gordon/Early In The Morning/Dualtone
12. Rosco Gordon/A Night in Rio/Dualtone
13. Rosco Gordon/You Don't care About Nothing/Dualtone
14. Rosco Gordon/You Look bad When You're Naked/Dualtone
15. Rosco Gordon/One More Time/Dualtone
16. Rosco Gordon/Now You're Gone/Dualtone
    THURSDAY, MARCH 3
    (A) Lamont Cranston/Lamont Live/Cold Wind
17. Lamont Cranston/Madison Blues/Cold Wind
18. Lamont Cranston/Fever/Cold Wind
19. Lamont Cranston/Streets Around Here/Cold Wind
20. Lamont Cranston/Hold On/Cold Wind
21. Lamont Cranston/Upper Mississippi Shakedown/Cold Wind
    FRIDAY, MARCH 4
    (A) Louise Grasmere/blue Ain't Only Blue/LEG
22. Louise Grasmere/Too Damn Long/LEG
23. Louise Grasmere/I See/LEG
24. Louise Grasmere/Another Day's Journey/LEG
25. Louise Grasmere/Nobody's Fault But Mine/LEG
26. Louise Grasmere/Don't Leave Me/LEG
27. Louise Grasmere/Sometimes You Bust Out Later On/LEG
28. Louise Grasmere/Please Send Me Someone To Love/LEG
    MONDAY, MARCH 7
    (A) John Lee Hooker/Endless Boogie/MCA
29. John Lee Hooker/(I Got) a Good 'Un/MCA
30. John Lee Hooker/House Rent Boogie/MCA
31. John Lee Hooker/Standin' at the Crossroads/MCA
32. John Lee Hooker/Sittin' In My Dark Room/MCA
33. John Lee Hooker/Endless Boogie/MCA

HOST COMMENTS:    I did not get to any live blues the past week.  Well, I did
see a couple of guys doing a Blues Brothers "tribute" at a club in Ft. Myers,
Florida.  It was actually quite entertaining, given what the guys had to work
with (kind of a karaoke setup). It turns out BBM pal Kraig Kenning from
Chicago was playing on the other side of town.  But I did not see that listing
until the next day.  Looks like Kraig is wintering in Florida.  If you're down
that way, look for him.  Of course, hae has a WEB site where you can see his
actual schedule.
    No local blues this weekend, but there is a St. Patrick's Day blues gig
at the Morson Ario VFW club in Mankato.  This features Steve "Boom Boom"
Vanderharr.  Steve went to school at Mankato State, and actually attended some of
the now legendary St. Patrick's Day blues bashes at the Square Deal, which
usually featured the Dust Bowl Blues Band.  Thus, playing a St. Paddy's day gig in
Mankato is a bit special for him.  And it is special for anyone that use to
make those gigs, so get out for Steve!!
    In the "big city" we have a couple notable gigs at Dave's, a rare
appearance (at Dave's) by Big Walter Smith (with BBM friend Moses Oakland opening)
Friday night and John Primer on Saturday night. A listing says Paul Geremia and
the he Mamas are at the Ginkgo Coffeehouse in St. Paul Saturday evening.  And
to wrap up the weekend, Marcia Ball is doing a couple shows Sunday evening at
the Dakota in Minneapolis.
    The new Blues Before Monday T-shirts featuring a picture of the White
Bread Blues Boys have arrived.  Everybody likes them.  Some lucky owners have
expressed surprise at how innocent the Boys once looked.  If you don't have one
heading your way yet, call the station at 800-456-7810 and see what you need to
do to get one.  A very limited supply -- for this pressing, at least.

SEND QUESTIONS about these broadcasts to Mark at: KMSUBlues@aol.com.