A little research help needed, please . . .

Steve Hoffman steve@goodnote.com
Fri Mar 11 17:18:58 EST 2005

Of course, there were times when there was as much if not more action
along the main music corridor of West Memphis  Arkansas (centered around
8th Street , if I recall correctly - have to double-check)than on Beale
Street -- depending on who mayor or Memphis etc and how tight law
enforcement about liquor and gambling and closing times and so on were
being enforced ....

As I don't have to remind BBKing's biographer, when BB King first came
to the Memphis area his first stop to try and get on the air was KWEM in
West Memphis ....

At one time I was hoping to do a whole research project about the West
Memphis scene but for various reasons the project petered out .....

I do know that if you wanted to see blues in the late 1940s West
Memphis, AR was a happenin' scene, and a scene BB King was familiar with
-- even though for various reasons Beale Street, Memphis is now far
better remembered.

-Steve Hoffman