News and new release from Yellow Dog Records

Gregory Johnson slimlively@hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:03:30 EST 2005

I have yet to find a release from Yellow Dog Records that I haven't gotten
excited over. The Mark Lemhouse, Big Joe Duskin and William Lee Ellis
releases are all favorites. The Chris Cotton disc is also exceptional (I
loved The Blue Eyed Devils "Shorty Brown" release, so was anticipating a
worthy release here and I am not disappointed). I am looking forward to the
up-coming Terry Robb CD. Mike Powers played samples for me while I was in
Memphis and Terry has never sounded better from what I heard. Mark
Lemhouse's disc is also good according to Terry and Mary Flower told me that
she may be working with Yellow Dog soon, too. Mike, you're going to have to
start commuting to Portland as often as Memphis with Terry, Mark and Mary.
It's a bit more of a drive to here from Virginia, though. LOL

Greg