Bad Dog Blues - March Update

Jeff Harris jeff@baddogblues.com
Sat Mar 5 15:37:14 EST 2005

**************************************
Bad Dog Blues - March Update
www.baddogblues.com
**************************************
We have been experiencing some problems with our website and as many of you know it was down at the beginning of the month and again at the end of the month. Those problems have been resolved and the website is up and running again. Any e-mails sent to us during that period should be resent.

Reviews:
Louisiana Red, John Hammond, Tab Benoit, The Fieldstones, Memphis Blues Bands & Singers, Nathaniel Mayer, Shor'ty Billups, Willie Hightower, Willie Walker & The Butanes and Tom Dowd & The Language of Music DVD. Make sure to check out the RealAudio clips from each CD we review.

Essential Blues:
A look at the amazing career of influential guitarist Lonnie Johnson with lengthy audio feature.

Special Features:
A selection of our favorite radio features of 2004 including interview/music segments on Ernest Lane, Robert Lockwood, Tommy Brown, Bobby Rush, plus spotlights on Johnny Copeland, Son House and others.

This Month's Features:
Tune in March. 6th @ 1:00 PM as Fred Vine plays live in the studio.

Tune in March. 13th @ 1:00 PM as we interview Roomful of Blues singer Mark DuFresne. We will be playing plenty of Roomful of Blues music as well as giving away tickets during the March 6th & 13th shows. Roomful returns to Rochester March 18 @ Nola's BBQ. Visit Nola's website for more details: www.nolasbbq.com

Tune in March. 20th @ 1:00 as we interview legendary pianist Big Joe Duskin. Duskin's new record on Yellow Dog Records, "Big Joe Jumps Again", has been nominated for a Handy Award in the category of Comeback Blues Album of the Year. We'll also be playing plenty of music from Duskin.

We have improved are archived shows section with loads of blues shows available for listening. Shows are posted the same day as the broadcast. In recent shows we've featured live in studio performances by The John Cole Blues Band, Joe Beard, plus in depth features like our countdown of best blues records of 2004, interview with singer Finis Tasby plus tributes to Lonnie Johnson, Earl Hooker, Tampa Red, Johnny Otis and much more.

Advertising space is now available on Bad Dog Blues. We're currently receiving well over 6,000 hits per month to the main page, with visitors from around the world. All ads include a link to your web site. Check our rate card at www.baddogblues.com/adinfo.htm.

We have over 50 hours of archived broadcasts available. New 5-hour editions of the show are added every week. Remember Bad Dog Blues airs every Sunday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM (EST) from WITR Radio 89.7, Rochester, NY.

Thanks for checking us out and make sure to tell your friends.

Thanks,

Jeff Harris
www.baddogblues.com