DualDiscs -- Seeing More Music on the Flip Side

c. n. cnevitt@hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 12:09:03 EST 2005

>From: Steve Hoffman <steve@goodnote.com>
>I'm old-fashioned.  I  like to buy music AS MUSIC.  Not music with music
>videos to "illustrate" the music for me.  Not music with a documentary
>about the musician's life.  Not music with "exclusive backstage" shots
>of the band sitting around acting stupid (unless it's Spinal Tap).

I hear ya...with a few exceptions.  I have always heard about how Big Joe
Turner was at some show were backstage he was reported to have the sucked
all the meat off of a roasted chicken,
damn near all at once.  I wouldn't mind seeing that, as long as the camera
was at least a few
yards away.   Some video footage of T-Bone breaking out that stash jar that
Helen Dance wrote about in his bio might be kinda fun....maybe watching him,
Pee Wee Crayton, and Percy Mayfield setting round, taking the edge off,
telling tales.  Probably would have been entertaining, maybe even real
funny.  Remembering of course that back in the music's heyday, people that
came to
the clubs, were often treated to a comedian as a course of the evening's
festivities. As with people like Screamin Jay, or the late local D/FW cat,
Finney Mo, you got some of both on the same plate.
chuck
chuck