FW: Solomon Burke's new CD - liner notes by Van

Suz groovegirl145@sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 5 10:59:01 EST 2005

>From the Van Morrison list -

Some very nice words about Solomon Burke in the liner notes of Solomon's
new CD - Make Do With What You Got, for which Van penned track 7, At The
Crossroads.

"With his Gospel running through it all, the power and the delivery are
awesome, and his timing is impeccable.  Dig the way he interprets the
songs on this album, even enhancing the original versions while leaving
them intact.  Of course, Solomon could sing the phone book and it would
sound great.  The main thing is...this is Gospel, his kind of Gospel.

"Apart from the Bert Berns connection we have in common (we can jive
about that now), I've had the opportunity of working with the King of
Soul in the last couple of years, and if you can get to see him at a gig
or two, do it.  In an age when the music business is mainly about money
(and the music is secondary), it's highly appropriate to listen to
Solomon's recording of Hank Williams' 'Wealth Won't Save Your Soul' on
track 10. Enjoy!"

- Van Morrison