Wild Child - A funny haircut found...I stand corrected.

c. n. cnevitt@hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 08:29:42 EST 2005

>From: BluesMgtGroup@aol.com
>To: BLUES-L@LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG
>Subject: Re: Wild Child - A funny haircut found...I stand corrected.
>Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 00:45:08 EST
>
>Chuck has found a funny haircut picture of Wild Child so I guess I will
>have
>to stand corrected on the issue of him never having a funny haircut.  I
>also
>have a funny picture of WC with 7 or 8 harps in his mouth. He had an acute
>sense of humor, wrote funny songs (many self depricating). I still maintain
>that
>he rarely had odd haircuts and did not use that as his trademark or
>signature
>look. He still was a serious artist.
>     No one ever said Muddy or Jimmy Rogers or Little Walter were not
>serious
>artists even though they could go out on the town for some "head cutting"
>and
>two to three of them would get up on the others shoulders and walk around
>the
>club like that and make funny faces and play their instruments. Muddy would
>sometimes show up in the old days in a silk bathrobe. They were still
>serious
>artists  and on occassion would clown around but were definetly not known
>as
>"clowns".
>Tom Radai

For the record, I never said (or even hinted) that Wild Child was a
clown...I simply said he was in the running for Wildest hairdo, there's is a
quite a difference in the two. Go back and re-read the original post if you
need confirmation. You were the one who took the coversation towards the
clowns. I have always thought you were one of the best agents out there, I
just didn't realize that you didn't have a sense of humor.  That's partly my
fault; There probably isn't much room for that sort of thing around all of
our esteemed associates.   Like Zuzu used to say, "Joke 'em if they can't
take a f**k."   chuck