Was: IBC winner disqualified,,,Now: Future of the Blues

Deb Lubin deblubin@sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 3 21:08:17 EST 2005

And think about this--his mother, who supports him wholeheartedly (I met her in Memphis last year when Slick played the Blues Tent at the Beale Street Music Festival), was--and maybe still is--a member of this list.  Sooo, she may have been reading all the "really cool" stuff being written about him.

Is it a full moon, or is W putting something in our water?  Lots of craziness on this list and the local SF Bay Area blues forum this week.  The trash talk between Tweed and Grady threatens to overtake some of the "best" by CN and PW--and that's saying a lot.

Peace to all,
Deb

Rolf Olmsted <rolfyboy@sonic.net> wrote:
Steve-

Slick Ballenger was raised in central North Carolina and later in
Mississippi. He lived with Otha Turner during Mr. Turner's last couple
of years. Slick is also an Eagle Scout. He lives somewhere arond Como, MS.

Rolf Olmsted
Rolfyboy6