IBC winner disqualified

c. n. cnevitt@hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:04:24 EST 2005

>From: George Willett <unklegeo@earthlink.net>
>         And we need to remember that when Jay & Co. took over, The
>Foundation was
>nearly a goner.  If it served no other purpose, it's a national
>clearinghouse for Blues Info.

Can you go there and get any sort of comprehensive list of blues radio
shows, blues venues, blues labels, or blues performers/bands?   No, not that
I ever recall....imo, as a "national clearinghouse," those would all seem
like frontline no brainers as far as content that should be available to all
blues fans and business people at/on their website.

Don't get me wrong, I have no personal agenda against The Blues Foundation
(i like the concept, but was treated just about like Sally was when she
tried to get their attention/help). I think it would do more harm than good
to ignore the fact that events like the Stones party is what got them into
the mess they were in when (fortunately) Jay took it over.  When they
contacted me years ago about 2 of the bands that were on my label appearing
on their syndicated Blues Fest radio show, I enthusiastically said yes. As
long as they aren't throwing rock bands parties, I probably will be more
willing to do what I can....what little that is.

I'd like to think that we're all in this together, even though I still get
the creeps when just the mere mention of trying to help down on their luck
old blues guys sends some people into nearly uncontrollable rages.   For the
record, I have never received one cent in any sort of assistance from the
Gov't, health or otherwise.   Do I think that affordable health care and a
"living wage" for ALL working Americans (instead of a minimum wage) is more
compassionate AND important than sending rockets to the Moon, Mars, & Venus?
HELL YEAH.
love, chuck