IBC winner disqualified

c.n. cnevitt@HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 2 14:01:40 EST 2005

I'm still wondering just how throwing the Rolling Stones a party helped
the real blues scene? If you come up with a good enough answer, that makes
some sense, I'll become a member AGAIN....and anxiously await my yearly
reminder to send more money.  Did that party for the Stones make money for
the Blues Foundation, or did it cost the Foundation money...I guess the
value of such events in the future might be determined by the answer to
that question.

Since the Yr Of The Blues, combined with the PBS Blues series, barely gave
the working Blues musicians enough of a boost to tell that either worked
one way or another, maybe I could offer this suggestion until (or if) my
membership is renewed; How about taking all that party/contest money, get
together with the House Of Blues (another non-profit), add money from all
affiliated blues societies and concerned fans, and start some sort of
fund to help the older blues musicians with some sort of group insurance
policy, or at least a safety net for those who can't make ends meet with
Social Security and Medicare, and try to tend to some of them, instead of
making the Peabody Hotel and/or the Stones happier?  That, imo, would be
the right thing to do.

Speaking of that, wasn't there some sort of offshoot of the Blues
Foundation started a few yrs ago, that was moving in that general
direction? What happened to it, is it still viable?   chuck